This truly is the easiest dairy-free fudge. It requires just 4 ingredients and less than 10 minutes of hands-on time. Of course, you do have to exercise some patience while it sets up! The recipe is easily allergy-friendly, too. See the ingredients I link to below for some vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, and soy-free options. You can also use my Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Guide to find the best chocolate brand for your needs. We originally published this recipe back in 2006, but have given it a big update!
Sarah H. tested this recipe with soymilk beverage and said it worked perfectly!
It’s a really smooth, soft, rich, and decadent fudge. It makes sense that soy works because it’s the highest in fat after coconut milk.
Special Diet Notes: Easiest Dairy-Free Fudge
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, optionally nut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- Line an 8x4-inch or 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate and milk beverage in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir vigorously. Microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring well in between each, until the chocolate is just melted and smooth. Do not overheat it.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt until well combined. Stir in the nuts, if using.
- Scrape the chocolate mixture into your prepared loaf pan and even it out.
- Refrigerate the chocolate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Remove the fudge using the paper, flip it onto a cutting board, and peel off the paper. Cut it into pieces to serve. It should keep at room temperature, but you can refrigerate or freeze the fudge to preserve freshness.
Key Pantry Supplies: Easiest Dairy-Free Fudge