This truly is the easiest dairy-free fudge. It requires just 4 ingredients and less than 10 minutes of hands-on time. Of course, you do have to exercise some patience while it sets up! The recipe is easily allergy-friendly, too. See the ingredients I link to below for some vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, and soy-free options. You can also use my Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Guide to find the best chocolate brand for your needs. We originally published this recipe back in 2006, but have given it a big update!
Sarah H. tested this recipe with soymilk beverage and said it worked perfectly!
It’s a really smooth, soft, rich, and decadent fudge. It makes sense that soy works because it’s the highest in fat after coconut milk.
Special Diet Notes: Easiest Dairy-Free Fudge
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, optionally nut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- Line an 8x4-inch or 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Put the chocolate and milk beverage in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir vigorously. Microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring well in between each, until the chocolate is just melted and smooth. Do not overheat it.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt until well combined. Stir in the nuts, if using.
- Scrape the chocolate mixture into your prepared loaf pan and even it out.
- Refrigerate the chocolate until firm, about 4 hours.
- Remove the fudge using the paper, flip it onto a cutting board, and peel off the paper. Cut it into pieces to serve. It should keep at room temperature, but you can refrigerate or freeze the fudge to preserve freshness.