This recipe for chicken gnocchi soup is a “video” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Guy Hendrickson. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
The finished lightly creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup:
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Chicken Gnocchi Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free. Just be sure you select your gnocchi wisely, as some brand do contain dairy, egg, and/or soy.
For gluten-free and dairy-free chicken gnocchi soup, there are several gnocchi options, including Conte’s Gluten-Free Gnocchi and Le Veneziane Gluten-Free Gnocchi. Note that the final simmer time may vary with gluten-free gnocchi (see the package directions).
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¼ onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3-4 carrots, diced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups cooked chicken, diced
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
- 2½ cups So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage
- 5 ounces baby spinach, chopped
- 1 16-ounce package dairy-free gnocchi (Guy uses Gia Russa; see post above for gluten-free option)
- Heat the oil in a stockpot over medium-low to medium heat. Add the vegetables, pepper, and salt, and sauté for 1 minute. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken followed by the water, chicken bouillon, and coconut milk beverage. Cover, bring to a boil, uncover, and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stir in the spinach and gnocchi, cover and simmer 5 minutes, or until the potato pasta is tender.