This delicious caramel sauce literally takes minutes to make. The recipe was originally shared with us by a fantastic website called Allergycooks. They’ve sadly since closed, but this sweet dessert topping lives on. It was originally created to serve sundae-style with sliced bananas and dairy-free vanilla ice cream. But it’s also amazing with stone fruit, served fresh, roasted or grilled.
5 Minute Dairy-Free Caramel Sauce that’s Rich and Buttery
According to the recipe creator, Lyle’s Golden Syrup is the secret to a rich, buttery, and satisfying dairy-free caramel sauce. But in a pinch, you can swap in non-GMO corn syrup or even maple syrup.
The brown sugar gives it a light butterscotch-y taste. But a light squeeze of lemon juice adds to the depth of flavor, and lends complement to various fruit pairings. It also cuts out the need for adding salt.
Special Diet Notes: 5 Minute Dairy-Free Caramel Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- ⅓ cup (75g) dairy-free buttery spread or sticks
- ¼ cup +2 tablespoons (75g) soft brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup (can sub corn syrup or maple syrup)
- Few drops lemon juice
- Put the butter alternative, sugar, and syrup in a saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the temperature and simmer for 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice.
Great site to visit! You don’t have to hunt and beg like on other sites to get the recipes and directions. Several other sites are not easy to use…. this site is very easy and the pictures do justice to what we might make.