When the school year rolls around, switching from pool to school means finding simpler ways to kick off the day. These easy overnight oats offer a fast and delicious solution that’s also quite nutritious!
These easy overnight oats are topped with a quick quinoa crumble that piles on another dose of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. You can actually bake a larger batch of the crumble, and keep it in an airtight container on the counter. Although it will keep for quite a while, I usually try to limit room temperature storage to 1 or 2 weeks. Then I freeze leftovers in plastic freezer bags for optimum freshness. The natural oils in grains and nuts can cause them to go rancid and taste “off” if stored in a warm climate for too long.
The original recipe for these easy overnight oats uses mango, as pictured. But we also like this breakfast with fresh berries. And I might even skip the fruit if we don’t have any on hand.
This easy overnight oats recipe with photo was shared with us by aldi.us.
Special Diet Notes: Easy Overnight Oats with Quinoa Crumble
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, optionally vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla dairy-free milk beverage
- 1½ cups quick oats (certified gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon honey, divided (can substitute agave nectar for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup quinoa
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 mango, sliced
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes or shreds
- ½ ounce dairy-free dark chocolate, shaved
- ½ ounce dairy-free dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Put the milk beverage, oats, 2 tablespoons honey, chia seeds, and salt in a mason jar, cover, and shake to thoroughly combine. Refrigerate the oat mixture overnight.
- In medium bowl, stir together the quinoa, almonds and remaining 1 tablespoon honey. Spread the mixture onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the quinoa and almonds are lightly toasted.
- Let cool completely and then crumble the almond-quinoa mixture. Store it in an airtight container on the counter overnight.
- In the morning, divide the oats between 3 bowls. Warm the oatmeal, if desired.
- Top each with the quinoa crumble, mango slices, coconut, and shaved chocolate. Drizzle with the melted chocolate.
Key Ingredients: Easy Overnight Oats with Quinoa Crumble
More Easy Oat Breakfasts
Jumbo Triple Chocolate Mug Muffin (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Super Cinnamon Raisin Banana Oat Bars (optionally vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)