Cate O’Malley, Paper Palate – I admit it. The only reason I subscribe to Latina Magazine is for the recipes. Hey, the husband is Cuban and I’m a dedicated wife, what can I say? The other day I hit pay-dirt when I spied their recipe for Adobo-Citrus Grilled Chicken Thighs in the June/July issue.
The recipe follows one of my favorite formats … put a bunch of things in a Ziploc bag and let it marinate. Grill. Eat. What more could you want? Perfect for a weeknight meal, and a great way to kick off warm weather and the grilling season. This one is going into heavy rotation in our household.
Special Diet Notes: Adobo-Citrus Grilled Chicken Thighs
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 (7 oz) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano (I used regular)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In blender or bowl of food processor, combine all ingredients except chicken and process until well combined (I just dumped in Ziploc bag). Transfer marinade to zip-top plastic bag or nonreactive dish. Add chicken to marinade and coat completely. Close bag or cover bowl and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Preheat and prepare outdoor grill or ridged grill pan. Remove chicken from marinade, drain and pat dry (we didn’t pat dry). Over medium-high heat, grill thighs, turning once, until juices run clear or internal temperature reaches 180F, about 15 minutes.