These beef stuffed peppers are very tasty and easy to make. Increase or decrease the number of chilies according to how hot you want the dish to be.
Special Diet Notes: Beef Stuffed Peppers
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 2 red, 2 yellow and 2 green medium-size peppers, cored
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1-2 chilis, seeded and sliced finely
- 1¼lb beef mince
- 6oz sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4oz quinoa grains or wholegrain brown rice
- 2¼ cups gluten/wheat free beef or chicken stock
- wine glass of red wine
- 4 bay leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and add the onions and chilis and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the mince, continue to cook briskly for another 3 minutes then add the tomatoes, quinoa or rice, stock, wine and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste.
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5.
- Stuff the peppers with the appropriate mixture and drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are cooked then serve hot, warm or at room temperature.