Searching high and low for the perfect chicken curry, Janelle at Talk of Tomatoes has settled upon this recipe to fill her trustworthy spot of “default dinner.” We added an additional slight tweak to make it a dairy-free delight.
“What I loved about this curry? EASY to make, and you start with just chicken and can add/or not whatever veggies slide your way (which is great for picky kiddos):”
Special Diet Notes: Chicken Curry
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and peanut-free.
- Chicken tenders
- Olive oil
- Butter alternative
- 2 tablespoon Pataks Curry Paste
- ¾ cup vermouth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 small jar major gray chutney (this makes it a little spicy)
- 2 tablespoon dairy-free sour cream alternative (from Galaxy Foods or Tofutti)
- Sautee chicken, mix in paste. Remove chicken; deglaze with vermouth or chicken broth, simmer 10 minutes. Add chicken, 1 T curry powder, chutney and simmer. Off heat and stir in 2 T sour cream.
- Optional add-ons: garlic, potatoes, coconut milk, green beans, salt and pepper, cilantro.