Gluten-Free Chicken Meatloaf
Gluten-Free Chicken Meatloaf recipe from Sandra Ramacher's Cookbook "Healing Foods - Cooking for Celiacs, Colitis, Crohn's and IBS." The book is based on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and follows it 100%. Even though there are recipes which include dairy, most of the recipe are either dairy-free or the use of dairy is optional.
Author: Sandra Ramacher
Serves: 6 servings
- 500 g (1 lb) chicken – minced
- 2 egg whites
- 1 shallot – finely sliced
- 65 g (½ cup) carrots – peeled, grated
- 65 g (½ cup) red peppers – finely chopped
- 100 g (1 cup) fresh shiitake mushrooms – finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger – grated
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 20 g (¼ cup) fresh coriander – chopped
- 20 g (¼ cup) fresh chives – chopped
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F
- Line a 10 x 21 cm/4 x 8 inch loaf pan with baking paper
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- Pack the ingredients into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes, until the loaf is cooked through and golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve cut into slices with a salad or steamed greens.
What ingredient did you put on top in the photo?
This isn’t one of my recipes Julie, but it looks like just ketchup. Based on the ingredients, I would personally do a teriyaki or korean-style glaze. I think that would be a delicious compliment to those spices.