This Creamy Seafood Stroganoff recipe was provided by Blue Diamond Growers, the makers of Almond Breeze non-dairy beverage. It’s a rich and elegant dish, but fairly easy to prepare!
Special Diet Notes: Creamy Seafood Stroganoff
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and optionally nut-free.
- ¼ cup or more olive oil (divided)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 stalks green onions, diced
- 8-12 medium size shrimp, peeled, uncooked
- ⅔ cup clams and juice, uncooked
- ⅔ cup scallops, uncooked
- ⅔ cup crab, uncooked
- ⅓ cup flour, unbleached
- 1½ cups dairy-free milk beverage (like Almond Breeze)
- 2 tablespoon dried dill (or ¾ tablespoon fresh dill, minced)
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco Sauce®
- ⅓ cup white wine (optional)
- Heat 4-6 Tbsp. of olive oil in soup pot.
- Stir in mushrooms, onion, shrimp, clams, and scallops. Cook until seafood is tender, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in crab. Transfer seafood to bowl, leaving seafood juices in stockpot.
- Add remaining oil to pot. Whisk in flour and half of the dairy-free milk beverage. Cook over low heat, whisking continuously, 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk in all remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer over low heat cooking 5-6 minutes.
- Add seafood to sauce mixture. Adjust spices.
- Gently simmer an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Add wine if desired.
- Serve in puff pastry shells. Serve over pasta or rice. Surimi can be substituted for crab. Use any good quality white, firm fish instead of any of the above seafood.