The photo and crispy baked cod recipe were brought to life by Cate O’Malley of Paper Palate.
Recipe courtesy of Southern Living, May 2007 issue
Special Diet Notes: Crispy Baked Cod
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko)*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 (6-oz.) cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter alternative, melted
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Place fillets on a lightly greased wire rack in a baking pan; sprinkle evenly with salt. Spoon breadcrumb mixture evenly onto fillets, pressing down gently. Drizzle evenly with 2 Tbsp. melted butter. Bake at 400° for 17 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden and fish flakes with a fork.