Cate O’Malley, Get Your Grill On. – I tend to be picky about mixing sweet and savory things, but putting peanut butter in a savory dish is usually an automatic winner with me. When I spied a recipe for Grilled Peanut Chicken on AllRecipes recently, there was no question as to what would be hitting the table.
Incredibly simple to make, it smelled insanely good during the process and produced very moist chicken. With cooling temps, the recipe made for a perfect, quick weeknight meal outside on the deck. Would I make it again? I’m not sure, but only because we’ve had a few others already that I like a bit better.
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce [Use wheat-free tamari for gluten-free]
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ⅓ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, curry powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Lightly oil the grill grate.
- Place chicken on grate, and brush with ½ the sauce.
- Grill 6 to 8 minutes.
- Turn chicken, and brush with remaining sauce.
- Continue grilling 6 to 8 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.