Special Diet Notes: Allergy-Friendly Chicken Bites
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and peanut-free.
- 1-2 lbs chicken breast or tenders
- 1 cup Crispy Rice or Crispy Flax Cereal (such as Enjoy Life Foods brand)
- ⅓ cup brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- ¼ cup dairy-free margarine or Earth Balance spread (melted)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Dipping Sauces of choice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to lightly coat a sheet pan.
- In a food processor, combine Crispy Rice or Crispy Flax cereal and flour. Pulse until you get the crumb size you prefer. Fewer pulses will result in a coarser crumb, more pulses will result in a finer crumb. Transfer to a plate or bowl.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, salt, and pepper (or any spice blend that you prefer) to the plate or bowl of ground cereal and rice flour, and combine well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt Earth Balance (butter or margarine if allowed).
- Cut chicken into nugget or tender-sized portions or use a whole chicken breast. In small batches dip the chicken in melted Earth Balance and coat with cereal/spice mixture. Place on sheet pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning the chicken over after 10-12 minutes. Add more oil if necessary.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.