This no-stir Italian sausage risotto recipe was adapted from a John Pisto recipe by Sarah at No Whey, Mama. Be sure to check the labels of the beef broth and sausage if gluten and soy-free is a concern as well.
Special Diet Notes: No-Stir Italian Sausage Risotto
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 1-1.25 lbs. sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot shreds
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups beef broth (sometimes I use dairy-free beef bouillon)
- salt and pepper
- Take the sausage out of the casings and brown it in a Dutch oven or large pot.
- Remove the sausage and set it aside.
- Saute the onion, garlic, celery, and carrots in olive oil in the pot until tender.
- Add the sausage, arborio rice, wine, and beef broth to the pot. Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, until the rice is tender. No peeking! Salt and pepper to taste.