This recipe sauteed beef wiith sun-dried tomato sauce recipe was reprinted with permission from “What’s to Eat? The Milk-Free, Egg-Free, Nut-Free Food Allergy Cookbook” by Linda Marienhoff Coss, available at www.FoodAllergyBooks.com.”
“Served over dairy- and egg-free angel-hair pasta with some fresh steamed vegetables on the side, this is an excellent dish to make for guests.” – Linda Coss
Special Diet Notes: Sautéed Beef with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, and soy-free.
- ⅓ cup julienne sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- ¼ cup calsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 pound Top Round Beef Round Steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup chopped onion
- In a small bowl, stir together sun-dried tomatoes, Balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, and lemon pepper; set aside.
- Cut steak into thin strips, and cut each strip into 1 to 1-1/2 inch long pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak pieces to pan; sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Sauté over medium-high heat, stirring often, until meat is cooked (approximately 5 minutes). Remove meat from skillet and set aside.
- Discard pan juices.
- Place onion in skillet and sauté over medium heat approximately 2 minutes, until soft. Add cooked meat and sun-dried tomato mixture to onions in skillet.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve over rice or angel-hair pasta.