This savory shrimp over wild recipe is a simple one from the South Beach Diet online.
Special Diet Notes: Savory Shrimp Over Wild Rice
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild rice
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Prepare the wild rice according to the package directions. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, paprika, pepper, salt, and garlic. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet until hot. Add the shrimp and cook on medium heat for 30 seconds. Stir the shrimp and cook for an additional 45 seconds or until opaque, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and serve over wild rice.