Seared Tuna Steaks with Red Pepper Sauce
Author: Levana Kirschenbaum
- 4 one inch tick tuna steaks
- 3 red peppers, seeded and cut in large chunks
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5-6 sprigs cilantro, tough stems removed
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, a little more if you like it hot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- Put all but last ingredient in a food processor, and grind until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly pour the oil and process a few seconds.
- Transfer to a glass jar, and store in the refrigerator.
- Simply sear 1-inch tick tuna steaks in a very hot skillet with a few drops of olive oil, about 1 minute on each side, a drop longer for medium rare.
- Slice against the grain, and serve with the sauce