We liked this simple, healthy, and flavorful Maple-Walnut Salmon recipe idea by Valerie Berkowitz, RD at prevention.com
Special Diet Notes: Simple Maple-Walnut Salmon
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 4 5-oz salmon fillets, about 1" thick
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place fish in nonstick 3-quart rectangular baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and cracked pepper, to taste. Drizzle with syrup. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- While fish bakes, warm oil in 9" skillet over medium-high heat and stir in walnuts. Cook until lightly toasted, 45 seconds to 1 minute. Spoon nuts over fish. Serve with steamed kale, Swiss chard, or green beans, if desired.