This soy maple salmon recipe and photo come from one of our favorite writers, Janelle over at Talk of Tomatoes!
Special Diet Notes: Soy Maple Salmon
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, and peanut-free.
- ¼ cup soy sauce (or wheat-free tamari)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- four 8oz salmon steaks, 1 inch thick
- 2 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- scallions for garnish
- Blend soy, syrup and oil and pour into shallow dish.
- Add the steaks in a single layer, turning to coat.
- Blend ginger and garlic, and rub into both sides of steaks.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally. Place marinade in small saucepan on stover, boil on high until syrupy, around 3 minutes.
- Light and oil grill; cook steaks 4-6 minutes a side over moderately high heat.
- Plate fish, pour marinade over and garnish with scallions.