Special Diet Notes: Sweet Ginger Garlic Drumsticks
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
This grilled chicken drumstick recipe is from Foods Matter, July 2008; reprinted with permission.
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp honey, melted
- juice 2 lemons or 3–4 tbsp cider vinegar
- leaves from a large sprig of
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- Combine all ingredients in a dish, turning to thoroughly coat the chicken.
- Cover, and let the drumstick marinate in the refrigerator for 3–4 hours, turning regularly.
- Baste regularly with the leftover marinade while barbecuing.