This recipe for potato no broth soup is a “30 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Hidemi Walsh. For richness, Hidemi uses Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Potato No Broth Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and sugar-free.
For a nut-free no broth soup, So Delicious offers Coconut Milk Beverage.
- 2 russet potatoes, about ⅔ lb
- ½ medium onion
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups So Delicious Unsweetened Almond Plus Protein AlmondMilk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Peel potatoes and dice. Slice onion thinly. Chop turkey bacon.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil and cook onions over medium heat until tender. Stir in turkey bacon, potatoes and ginger. Sauté for1-2 minutes. Add water, increase the heat and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender. When the potatoes are tender, turn off the heat, transfer the soup to a blender and puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, heat over medium heat and stir in almond plus. When the soup is warmed up, stir in curry powder and cinnamon. Add salt to taste.