This recipe for Ethnic Yogurt Dessert is a “15 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Hidemi Walsh. For the yogurt, Hidemi uses Greek-Style Cultured Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
A healthier alternative to ice cream, this ethnic yogurt dessert combines the earthy flavors of dates, pistachios and cardamom.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Ethnic Yogurt Dessert
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 7-8 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons pistachio, removed from shell
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Greek-Style Cultured Coconut Milk (Yogurt)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Grind cardamom seeds. Chop dates and pistachios coarsely.
- In a bowl, mix together Greek cultured coconut milk, sugar and chopped dates.
- Divide between 2 bowls to serve.
- Sprinkle cardamom seeds and pistachio on top.