It really doesn’t get much easier than this dairy-free Forbidden Rice Chocolate Mousse. Toss just 4 ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning and let it simmer for a few hours. Then transfer to the refrigerator to set-up and serve to guests! This genius dessert is by the vegan slow cooking master, Kathy Hester, and is from her new eCookBook, The Ghoulish Gourmet: A Bewitching Collection of Vegan Halloween Recipes.
- Deviled Purple Potatoes
- Harry Potter’s Pumpkin Juice
- Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Shake
- Swamp Monster Slow Cooker Jackfruit Gumbo
But if your still not sold, I can almost guarantee this Forbidden Rice Chocolate Mousse recipe will seal the deal. In typical Kathy fashion, it involves very little work with maximum flavor payoff.
And just in case you missed the details in my other post, The Ghoulish Gourmet possesses 25 vegan Halloween recipes along with helpful party-planning ideas. Plus, it’s an ebook, so you can get it instantly!
Special Diet Notes: Forbidden Rice Chocolate Mousse
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- In a 1½ to 2 quart slow cooker, add all the ingredients in the order listed and cook on high for 2½ to 3 hours.
- It will still be runny and the black rice will not be as soft as white rice would be in the pudding – it will be more al dente.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours, so the mixture thickens