I created these fun and fruity white chocolate-covered snack bites to celebrate the launch of three new Enjoy Life Baked Chewy Bar flavors. Like all other Enjoy Life products, they’re school safe and kid-friendly.
Every year, I see fun new treat and snack product launches for the back to school rush. But those clever ideas often have two problems. They’re usually loaded with questionable ingredients, and they typically harbor a top allergen or three.
So how can food allergic kids and adults indulge in something tasty and whimsical without resorting to chemical-laden packaged snacks? We can get creative using real food to make our own fun treats!
My most recent solution is these fruity white chocolate-covered snack bites. They’re chopped pieces of Enjoy Life Baked Chewy Bars coated in an easy, homemade, fruit-flavored and dairy-free white chocolate.
The Baked Chewy Bars are a sweet snack in their own right, but sometimes you’ve got to mix things up!
Flavor Combos for Fruity White Chocolate-Covered Bites
I ended up making these snack bites with all sorts of fruity coatings, but here are some combinations that I recommend for each Chewy Bar flavor:
- Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed (NEW) – Blueberry, Pomegranate, Raspberry, or Strawberry
- Carrot Cake (NEW) – Banana, Pineapple, or Apple
- Caramel Blondie (NEW) – Chocolate (just melt dairy-free chocolate and dip!)
- SunSeed™ Crunch – Banana, Strawberry, or Apple
- Caramel Apple – Apple or Pear
- Cocoa Loco – Pomegranate, Matcha, or Chocolate
- Mixed Berry – Blueberry, Strawberry, Raspberry, or Pomegranate
The three new flavors of Enjoy Life Chewy Bars feature their new Pure Life Balanced Dry Blend™. It’s a nutritious mix of Sunflower Kernels, Cassava Flour, Sorghum Flour, and Quinoa Flakes.
This post is sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods, but the fruity white chocolate snack bites recipe, photos, and writing are my own.
Special Diet Notes: Fruity White Chocolate-Covered Bites
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 package Enjoy Life Baked Chewy Bars (4 bars - see post above for suggested Flavor Combinations)
- 2 ounces food-grade cocoa/cacao butter, chopped
- ⅓ cup powdered confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fruit powder (see Fruit Powder Note below)
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free coconut milk powder (see Dairy-Free Milk Powder Note below)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla paste (can substitute vanilla powder, a little vanilla bean, or vanilla flavoring)
- Cut each bar into bite size pieces. I cut them in half lengthwise to make two long strips. I then cut them in half horizontally and cut each half into thirds for a total of 12 bites per bar.
- Line a plate, cutting board, or baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Place the snack bar pieces on the paper and freeze while you prepare the coating.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a double broiler or in a medium microwave-safe bowl in the microwave (it takes about 90 seconds).
- Sift the powdered sugar into the melted cocoa butter. Add the fruit powder, dairy-free milk powder, and vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Remove the bar pieces from the freezer and dip them in the fruit chocolate to coat. I use a fork to remove them to help any excess drip away. Place them back on the paper to set up.
- Place the bites in the freezer for 5 minutes. If a thicker coating is desired, dip them again, and return them to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- If the melted coating thickens up too much for dipping at any time, microwave it on HIGH for 10 to 15 seconds and whisk it.
- The bites will keep at room temperature in lunch boxes. But store them in the freezer in an airtight container or freezer bag for optimal freshness and longer storage..
Dairy-Free Milk Powder Note: Some brands of coconut milk powder actually contain milk, so be sure to seek out a dairy-free one, like this brand. If desired, you can substitute another milk powder or increase the powdered sugar or fruit powder to get the consistency needed for dipping.