You’ve probably seen chocolate beet brownies on other blogs, but each recipe has it’s own twist. For these fudgy beet brownies, it’s all about convenience and lightening up. This quick dessert uses less fat than your average brownie recipe, and relies on brownie mix and pre-cooked beets for its speedy preparation. And yes, there are many dairy-free brownie mixes! I’ve included some suggestions below.
Fudgy Beet Brownies made Fast & Easy with a Baking Mix
You can actually buy dairy-free brownie mixes at almost any grocery store. Duncan Hines Chewy or Double Fudge Brownie Mixes are made without dairy, and we actually have a list of Pillsbury dairy-free brownie mixes. If you prefer organic, look for brands like Madhava (2 boxes may be needed, or you can half the recipe).
Special Diet Notes: Fudgy Beet Brownies
This recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. But be sure to choose the brownie mix and chocolate chips that suit your dietary needs. I’ve suggested various options above.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Place the beets in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat or whisk together the brownie mix, eggs, oil and pureed beets. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake as directed on package, but begin checking for doneness at the shortest recommended baking time.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool.
- Serve slices lightly dusted with powdered sugar, if desired.
Chipotle Beet Brownies Option: Stir ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder into the batter.