This recipe for vegan green curry is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Christina Perez. Her recipe includes Culinary Coconut Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Vegan Green Curry
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
Christina uses gardein, but for a soy-free vegan green curry, you can substitute your protein of choice, even shiitake mushrooms! You will also want to swap the aminos/soy sauce for coconut aminos.
- 1½ (11-ounce) cartons So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- 3-4 tablespoons green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons Bragg Liquid Aminos (can sub soy sauce or wheat-free tamari, for gluten-free)
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons sriracha (optional; depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 Japanese eggplant, cubed
- 1 carrot cut into thin rounds
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 Cup Gardein Chicken Strips (or protein of choice)
- ¼ cup Thai basil, chiffonade style
- Pour coconut milk, curry paste, braggs, brown sugar, and sriracha into a pot. Simmer for five to seven minutes.
- Add the eggplant, carrot, and red bell pepper to the pot. Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Add the thawed Gardein Chicken Strips for the last five minutes of cooking.
- Garnish with Thai basil and serve with rice.