These garlic mushrooms make a super-easy side dish! The mushrooms are infused with flavor from everyday ingredients. They go well alongside just about any meal and would even be delicious tossed with pasta.
Special Diet Notes: Garlic Sauteed Mushrooms
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, plant-based, optionally vegetarian, and paleo-frendly.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 cups (about 1 pound) quartered or sliced button mushrooms
- 10 garlic cloves, minced (1½ to 2½ tablespoons)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, crushed red pepper, and salt to the skillet and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat and sprinkle the mushrooms with parsley, if using.