The wonderful people at Laughing Giraffe Organics emailed this recipe for a no-bake vegan cheesecake straight from the Giraffe’s mouth (and graciously granted a reprint here) who was I to argue?! Especially since they churn out some of the most delicious granola and macaroons (lovingly named Snackaroons) I have ever sunk my teeth into.
Seriously, Laughing Giraffe knows healthy snacks and sweets, so this one is bound to be a winner … and did I mention? It is easy too.
Special Diet Notes: No-Bake Vegan Cheesecake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups almond crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons date paste (blend up some dates to make your own if needed)
- 3 cups cashews soaked (at least one hour)
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup raw agave
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ vanilla bean, scraped
- Mix all ingredients together well by hand.
- Line 9-in tart pan or springform pan with plastic wrap and press crust to desired thickness with slightly moistened hands.
- Chill crust prior to filling, or dehydrate crust for 24-48 hours, chill, then fill.
- Blend all ingredients in blender until completely smooth.
- Pour into prepared crust and chill in freezer for at least one hour to set.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.