This blueberry coconut donuts recipe was a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Maiah Miller. To keep them tender, she uses banana and Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
Maiah says, “This is a healthy gluten-free version of a donut made perfect with So Delicious unsweetened vanilla coconut milk. The recipe is allergen-free (free from gluten, soy, dairy, corn and nuts) and makes great, fluffy blueberry coconut donuts for a breakfast or dessert treat.”
Special Diet Notes & Options: Baked Blueberry Coconut Donuts
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, vegan and vegetarian. They are all around allergy-friendly!
- ¾ cups So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage mixed with 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 mashed banana (about ½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour / starch
- ¼ cup quinoa flour or coconut flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Whisk coconut milk and lemon juice and set aside to curdle and form a vegan "buttermilk".
- Mix in mashed banana, melted coconut oil, coconut milk and coconut palm sugar.
- Mix in dry ingredients (gluten-free flours or a total of 1 and ¼ cups regular flour if preferred), folding in fresh or frozen blueberries last.
- Pour into donut cake pan or mold batter into donut shapes and bake for 16 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Enjoy warm and optionally glaze by mixing powdered sugar, So Delicious coconut milk and vanilla extract to taste!