Having waffles in the freezer is always a treat. All you have to do is pop them in the toaster! These dairy-free and gluten-free freezer waffles were shared anonymously by a reader. They’re versatile and go with just about any toppings!
Special Diet Notes: Gluten-Free Freezer Waffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. For egg-free and vegan gluten-free waffles, try these “Yogurt” Waffles.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (make sure it's gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or your sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup oil or melted dairy-free buttery spread
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk (can use lite)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Dairy-free milk beverage, as needed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice flours, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the middle of the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture the well of your dry ingredients, and fold until combined. If the mixture is too thick, stir in the milk beverage as needed to get a thick but pourable consistency.
- Cook according to your waffle maker's directions.
- Eat now, or if you wish to freeze, place them on paper towels (while you eat the other ones) to absorb any excess moisture while cooling.
- It is best to freeze them with wax paper separating each, but not totally necessary. Pop in the toaster or microwave for a quick breakfast.