This recipe for dairy-free and gluten-free French toast casserole is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Allyson Carter. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Beverage and Coconut Milk Creamer by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Allyson says, “This gluten-free French toast casserole says spring to me, because I had to come up with some amazing and easy recipes to serve at our family’s spring brunch celebrations that were delicious and suitable for my family’s gluten and dairy free lifestyle.”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: French Toast Casserole
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 1 loaf gluten-free, dairy-free cinnamon raisin bread*
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine (such as Earth Balance), melted
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Creamer
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut bread into small chunks and place in prepared pan (I used ceramic and didn't need to add cooking spray).
- Mix remaining ingredients using blender for easy pouring.
- Pour blended ingredients evenly over cubed bread.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and center appears set.