These not-too-sweet, gluten-free granola cookies use a satisfying snack and whole grains to make a better-for-you treat. Just be sure to pick a granola that suits your dietary needs. This recipe was originally made with Enjoy Life Granola, but that product line was sadly discontinued. However, you can still buy allergy-friendly brands like Made Good Granola and Safe + Fair Granola.
This gluten-free granola cookies recipe with photo was originally shared with us by Enjoy Life Foods.
Special Diet Notes: Gluten-Free Granola Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or ground chia seeds
- 12 ounces dairy-free, gluten-free granola
- ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup agave nectar (can sub another liquid sweetener)
- ¼ cup sunflower, safflower, or grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life Minis; optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F or 325°F for a convection oven, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the warm water and flax or chia seeds.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granola, rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, and starch.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the agave, oil, flaxseed mixture, molasses, and vanilla with a hand mixer for a few minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix just until combined. The dough will absorb the liquid as it sits. Fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
- With a 1-ounce scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.