Several years ago, this recipe for gluten-free, vegan, thin, and crispy almond flour cookies was shared with us by Jennifer Cinquepalmi. She loves this treat so much, that it’s pictured on the cover of her book, Gluten-Free Deliciously. Her book isn’t completely dairy-free, but it has many non-dairy options, including breads, main dishes, and sweet treats, like these cookies. Instead of butter or margarine, she uses olive oil to give these tea biscuits the perfect delicate taste and texture. We originally posted this recipe when her book launched, but today we’re giving it a big update.
Special Diet Notes: Crispy Almond Flour Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup almond meal or almond flour
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- 6 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 7 teaspoons water (2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and line 11 x 17-inch cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, almond meal of flour, sorghum flour, oil, and water. Do not let dough “sit” as it will dry-out. Do not freeze or refrigerate dough.
- Drop the dough, by the teaspoonful, onto your prepared cookie sheets, 12 cookies per sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the baking sheets.