This beautiful turmeric-rich, golden fried rice recipe was shared with us by Sandra Butler, a dairy-free chef in the UK.
Special Diet Notes: Golden Fried Rice
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
Golden Fried Rice
Author: Sandra Butler
Serves: 4 servings
- 180g (about 1 cup) basmati rice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 spring onions or green onions
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons oil, to fry
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Boil the rice until it is cooked, but not too soft. Allow it to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions and garlic and fry in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Use a wok, or a nonstick saucepan, that will accommodate all the rice, plus the ability to stir it.
- Add the rice when the onions have softened and sprinkle the turmeric over it. Stir carefully and slowly so the rice doesn’t become too broken up.
- Add the 2nd tablespoon of oil and stir-fry for five minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.