Created by Kimetha Wurster, this decadent vegan chocolate frosting is sweetened naturally with dates and gets its fluffy texture from avocado! But don’t worry, the flavor melds nicely and with a good blend, no bits of green should remain – just rich, chocolaty goodness.
Special Diet Notes: Healthy Vegan Chocolate Frosting
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, top allergen-free and optionally paleo.
- 8 Medjool dates
- 1 cup plain or vanilla milk alternative (So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage works well)
- 1 ripe avocado
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon caramel imitation flavoring or real vanilla extract
- Pit dates and cut into small pieces. Put in the bottom of a blender. Cover with the coconut milk let sit as long as possible (1 hour or so).
- Cut avocado and scrape out all the green goodness. Add cocoa and choice of flavoring and blend until smooth. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Fancy: Put in pastry bag and top cup cakes. Not Fancy: Take a spoon and put a spoonful on top of cupcake. Don't tell them and no one will know there is an avocado in there.