This hemp and honey bran muffins recipe is from the Manitoba Messenger by Manitoba Harvest.
If you still want to maintain the overall essence of this muffin, but don’t have the hemp protein powder on hand, you can substitute ground hempseeds, ground flaxseeds, or your protein powder of choice. But we do like that Vanilla protein powder from Manitoba!
Special Diet Notes: Hemp and Honey Bran Muffins
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup original or unsweetened dairy-free milk
- ¾ cup liquid honey or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups wheat bran
- 2 Tablespoons Certified Organic Vanilla Hemp Protein Powder
- 1-3/4 cups flour (all-purpose or wheat)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- Combine the eggs, hemp milk, honey and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently combine, mixing just until incorporated. A few remaining lumps are okay, just don't overmix!
- Scoop the muffin batter into greased or lined muffin pans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Pop the muffins out and allow them to cool.