This recipe for dairy-free yogurt veggie dip was submitted by Emily Vallozzi as a Savory entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are now closed, but the winners will be announced on that post!).
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
To qualify for the contest, this herb and veggie dip uses Greek Cultured Coconut Milk from So Delicious Dairy Free.
This yogurt & mayo-based veggie dip is creamy, dairy-free, and oh so versatile – swap in seasonal vegetables or different herbs, adjust the yogurt and mayo ratios to taste, use as a sandwich spread in lunch boxes or serve with an assortment of dippers for backyard barbecues or big game nights!
Special Diet Notes: Herb and Veggie Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian. Just be sure to use the mayonnaise that fits your dietary needs when preparing this veggie dip.
- 1 cup raw kale
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 3 green onions
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 cup mayonnaise or vegan alternative
- 1 6-ounce container So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Greek Cultured Coconut Milk
- Separate the leaves of the kale from the stems. Discard the stems and finely chop the leaves.
- Dice the green onions.
- Finely chop the dill and basil.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or veggie sticks.