These impossible to resist honey buns are beyond simple with pre-made dairy-free dough. You can seek out a brand at your local grocer, or make a big batch of Sarah’s go-to bread dough. It freezes well, just like store-bought!
Special Diet Notes: Cinnamon Honey Buns
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 4 tablespoons dairy-free buttery spread, softened and divided
- ½ cup honey, divided
- ½ cup chopped, toasted nuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pound dairy-free bread dough (if frosen, thawed according to package directions)*
- ⅔ cup raisins
- Grease 12 muffin cups with 1 tablespoon dairy-free buttery spread.
- To prepare the honey nut topping, mix together 1 tablespoon dairy-free buttery spread, ¼ cup honey, and the chopped nuts, if using. Place 1 teaspoon of the topping in each muffin cup.
- To prepare the buns, mix together remaining the remaining 2 tablespoons buttery spread, remaining ¼ cup honey, and the cinnamon.
- Roll out the bread dough onto a floured surface into an 18x8-inch rectangle.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough and sprinkle evenly with raisins.
- Starting with the long side, roll the dough into a log. Cut the log into 12 slices, 1½ inches each. Place the slices, cut-side up, into the prepared muffin cups.
- Set the muffin pan in a warm, draft-free place and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Place the muffin pan on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the buns are golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before inverting the muffin pan to remove the buns.
More Amazing Bun & Roll Recipes
Double-the-Cinnamon Rolls (vegan, nut-free & soy-free)
Pepperoni Rolls (optionally vegan, nut-free & soy-free)
Iced Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Buns (optionally vegan, nut-free & soy-free)