This Honey ‘n Spice Toasted Trail Mix is seriously addictive! It’s perfectly sweet, gently salted, spiked with warm spices, and very nutty. It’s also packed with a variety of nuts and seeds for a healthy, filling, and naturally dairy-free snack on the go. And of course, you can change things up based on what you have on hand. The simple spices go with any nut or seed, and almost any dried fruit (blueberries, cranberries, chopped apricots, etc). We originally shared this recipe over fifteen years ago, but I’m giving the post an update!
Special Diet Notes: Honey ‘n Spice Toasted Trail Mix
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, plant-based, paleo-friendly, optionally vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey (can sub agave nectar or maple syrup for vegan)
- ¼ cup slivered or whole almonds
- ¼ cup chopped or whole hazelnuts
- ¼ cup chopped or whole pecans
- ¼ cup chopped or whole walnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 to 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- ⅔ cup raisins
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in the honey, and cook briefly, just until the mix bubbles around the edge of the pan.
- Add the almonds hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves, and stir until well coated. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the nuts are golden.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the raisins.
- Immediately spread the nut mixture onto your prepared baking sheet and let cool completely.