This Honey Toasted Trail Mix is seriously addictive! It’s sweet, a little salty, spiked with warm spices, and very nutty. It’s also packed with a variety of nuts and seeds for a perfect, filling snack on the go.
The picture below and the recipe are really a sampling f the nuts, seeds, and dried fruit that you can use. Feel free to mix things up with what you have on hand – just stay true to the quantities. You can also adjust the spices up or down, or use a different liquid sweetener. This really is a versatile, customizable recipe.
Special Diet Notes: Honey Toasted Trail Mix
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey (can sub agave nectar or maple syrup)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 to 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- ⅔ cup raisins
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in the honey, and cook briefly, just until the mix bubbles around the edge of the pan.
- Add the almonds hazelnuts, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves, and stir until well coated. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the nuts are golden.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the raisins.
- Immediately spread the nut mixture onto your prepared baking sheet and let cool completely.