These little cucumber cups are an amazing little healthy snack for after school, or a nutritious appetizer upgrade for watching the big game.
Sure, nachos and wings are staples during football season, but they need to be paired with some lighter sides. This easy recipe for cucumber cups cleanses the palate, while adding a dose of nutrition to the party spread. And yes, they are tasty and versatile, too!
Feel free to mix up the theme of these cucumber cups with different flavors and toppings:
- Pesto hummus with a diced tomato topper
- Jalapeno or chipotle hummus with a sliced olive topper
- Garlic hummus with a diced roasted red pepper topper
- Sun-dried tomato hummus with a diced fresh basil topper
- Guacamole with a salsa and diced olive topper
The sky is the limit! The recipe and photo were shared with us by Sabra Hummus.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 container hummus (such as Sabra)
- 1 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Peel the cucumbers and slice into 1-1/4-inch long pieces.
- Using a melon baller, carve out seeds to create a vessel, making sure to leave the bottom intact.
- With a piping bag or small spoon, fill each with hummus, about 1 teaspoon each.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cucumber cups with paprika and parsley.