The Detoxinista is on a roll! My friend Megan Gilmore is launching yet another cookbook today: The Fresh & Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook. This full color title has a clean, attractive layout with 75 easy recipes for light meals, and even desserts. In fact, Megan offered to share this sample recipe for Instant Pot Flourless Brownies.
Every recipe in The Fresh & Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook is gluten-free and refined sugar-free. But it’s also a complete resource for dairy-free Instant Pot fans. Most of the recipes are naturally dairy-free, and there is a vegan (dairy-free, egg-free, meat-free) option for every recipe.
I’ve always loved how realistic Megan’s recipes are, and this collection is no exception. She focuses on healthy ingredients, but keeps it simple with everyday ingredients. And each recipe includes a breakdown of the total time involved. She states prep time, pressurize time, cook time, and release time, to allow easy meal planning.
The chapters in The Fresh & Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook include Easy Breakfasts, Healthy Side Dishes, Soups & Stews, Meal-Sized Salads & Bowls, Vegetarian Comfort Food, Protein-Packed Favorites, and Naturally Sweet Treats. But you can go ahead and enjoy dessert first with this sample Instant Pot Flourless Brownies recipe.
Special Diet Notes: Instant Pot Flourless Brownies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / n0n-dairy, optionally egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free (with allergy-friendly chocolate chips like Enjoy Life Dark Morsels), optionally vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally paleo.
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Line a 7-inch round pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, coconut sugar, cacao powder, egg, salt, baking soda, and vanilla and stir well to create a thick batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and use your hands to press it evenly into the pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and gently press them into the batter. Pour 1 cup water into the Instant Pot and arrange the handled trivet (see page 11) on the bottom. Place the pan on top of the trivet and cover it with an upside-down plate or another piece of parchment to protect the brownies from condensation.
- Secure the lid and move the steam release valve to Sealing. Select Manual/Pressure Cook to cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then move the steam release valve to Venting to release any remaining pressure. When the floating valve drops, remove the lid.
- Use oven mitts to lift the trivet and the pan out of the pot. Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before cutting and serving, as they will be very fragile when warm. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks.
This recipe is reprinted with permissions from The Fresh and Healthy Instant Pot Cookbook: 75 Easy Recipes for Light Meals to Make in Your Electric Pressure Cooker by Megan Gilmore.
Key Supplies: Instant Pot Flourless Brownies