This instant red raspberry sorbet is ready in minutes thanks to the simple ingredient list and the use of frozen raspberries. It’s naturally dairy-free, but you can also make it vegan and top allergen-free with some of the tips below.
Instant Red Raspberry Sorbet with Just Three Ingredients
This isn’t a whipped sorbetto like you would get in a gelato shop. Rather it’s a refreshing, sweet-tart frozen dessert that’s perfect for cooling off on a hot summer day. It requires no fuss, and uses simple ingredients.
Egg white might strike you as an odd ingredient, but it’s sometimes used in sorbet to help stabilize and emulsify the mixture. It creates a smoother, less icy blend. In this case, I think aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas) would be the best substitute, since it has more egg white properties than most other egg substitutes.
I assume they use powdered sugar because it tends to result in a smoother finish. I think it is okay to substitute a liquid sweetener, like honey or agave nectar. They both work very well in sorbet.
This instant red raspberry sorbet recipe with photos was shared with us by the Washington Red Raspberry Commission.
Special Diet Notes: Instant Red Raspberry Sorbet
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- For egg-free and vegan red raspberry sorbet, you can substitute 2 tablespoons aquafaba for the egg white.
- For paleo red raspberry sorbet, you can substitute honey for the powdered sugar.
- 18 ounces frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 pasteurized egg white (see post above for egg-free option)
- Pour the raspberries and sugar into your blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Add the egg white and blend for 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately or scrape into a freezer-safe container and freeze.