This recipe for Jerk Steak and Mango Panzanella Salad is a “30 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Devon Delaney. For the horseradish dressing, she uses Coconut Milk Beverage from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Jerk Steak and Mango Panzanella Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
For an egg-free and dairy-free mango panzanella salad, simply use your favorite vegan mayonnaise.
For a gluten-free and dairy-free mango panzanella salad, substitute gluten-free bread cubes – they are actually ideal for toasting and should work well in this application.
- 1-1/2 pounds skirt steak
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning blend
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated horseradish
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney, any chunks diced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, cut in large dice
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 4 cups baby lettuce leaves
- 2 cups country bread cubes, 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Rub both sides of the steak with the Jerk seasoning and let steak rest for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by whisking together coconut milk beverage, vinegar, mayonnaise, garlic, parsley, onions, horseradish, chutney and salt.
- In a large salad bowl combine the tomatoes, mango and lettuce
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Toss the bread cubes with the olive oil and toast them in the preheated skillet, stirring often, until golden and crunchy. Remove bread cubes to the salad bowl and toss salad bowl contents with ½-cup salad dressing.
- Maintaining skillet heat, add steak to skillet and cook until desired doneness, 6-8 minutes for medium-rare, flipping once. Let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing against the grain in thin strips.
- Place steak strips across salad and serve with extra dressing on the side. So Delicious!