My friend Maya of Wholesome Yum, has launched her first cookbook! The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook was released today, and it’s filled with low-carb, sugar-free, grain-free recipes. It isn’t a strictly dairy-free collection, but it does contain many dairy-free options, like this sample recipe for Keto Cranberry-Orange Scones.
Dairy-Free Keto Cranberry-Orange Scones from Wholesome Yum
Every recipe in The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook is focused on high-fat, low-sugar, and gluten-free living. But Maya also took the time to label dairy-free and nut-free options. Here are just some examples of the dairy-free recipes in this cookbook:
- Cinnamon Crunch Cereal
- Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- Spaghetti Squash Ramen Soup
- Cajun Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Pan-Fried Baja Fish Tacos
- Crispy Orange Chicken
- Chili-Lime Turkey Burgers
- Garlic-Herb Roasted Radishes
- 3-Ingredient Almond Flour Crackers
- Caramelized Onion Meatballs
- Crispy Avocado Fries With Chipotle Dip
- Easy All-Purpose Bread
- Coffee Cake Zucchini Bread
- Almond Flax Burger Buns
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
- Angel Food Mug Cake With Strawberries
- 2-Minute Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
Many of the dairy-containing recipes are also quite easy to adapt, with a coconut oil or coconut cream swap. But as a heads up, there are several recipes that call for cheese, including her base Fathead Dough. Nonetheless, I think her dairy-free Keto Cranberry-Orange Scones will win you over!
Special Diet Notes: Keto Cranberry-Orange Scones
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, paleo-friendly, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) blanched almond four
- ⅓ cup erythritol
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (2 ounces) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond four, erythritol, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, orange zest, vanilla, and egg. Stir the wet mixture into the almond four mixture, pressing with a spoon or spatula, until a uniform dough forms. (The dough should be pliable and dense, but not crumbly; add a little more coconut oil, a teaspoon at a time, if it’s very dry.) Stir and press the cranberries into the dough.
- Place the dough onto the lined pan and form a disc shape, about 1 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges, like a pie or pizza. Move the pieces about 1 inch apart. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until golden.
- Cool completely on the pan to frm up. (Scones will fall apart if you move them before cooling.)