Updated Recipe! These simple Mini Sunbutter Chocolate Bars were originally created for Valentine’s Day, but they are perfect little bites to whip up for Easter, Halloween treats, holiday parties, or summer potlucks.
Even kids can make these easy chocolate treats, which contain just four simple ingredients and come together in minutes. And of course, the ingredients are quite versatile. You can sub in your favorite liquid sweetener, add more tasty toppings, or even use nut butter, peanut butter, pea butter, or soy butter – whatever fits your tastes and allergen needs.
This photo and recipe (adapted) was shared with us by Enjoy Life Foods.
Special Diet Notes: Mini Sunbutter Chocolate Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 2 (1-ounce) dairy-free chocolate bars (such as Enjoy Life Rice Milk Bars or Dark Chocolate Bars)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (such as Sunbutter)
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup (can sub another liquid sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Mini Chips melt easily)
- Break each chocolate bar into four sections, for a total of eight pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the seed butter with the brown rice syrup. The mixture should pull away from the bowl and form a ball.
- Place 1 level teaspoon of the seed butter mixture on top of 1 section of chocolate. Flatten and form the seed butter mixture to cover the chocolate piece. Continue with remaining chocolate pieces and seed butter mixture. Cover a tray or plate with wax paper and place finished candies on top.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small plastic sealable bag. Place bag in microwave leaving the top unsealed. Heat in short 15-second intervals gently pressing the softened chocolate to make sure the chocolate melts evenly. When chocolate is almost melted, remove the bag and press out any remaining lumps. Remove any air from the bag and seal.
- With scissors, snip a very tiny hole in one corner of the bag. Beginning on the wax paper, drizzle the melted chocolate back and forth over the candies. Allow chocolate to harden about 20 minutes.
Great idea for Halloween. It seems very simple and tasty and (best of all) free of many allergens!! Thanks for sharing.