Easy but ingenious, these lemon meringue smoothies are a perfect refresher after fitness, but are also a great slushy treat in cooler months, when fresh citrus is at its best! This recipe was submitted by Tina Coopman as a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are now closed, but the winners have been announced on that post!).
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Since Sarah has tested and approved this recipe for lemon meringue smoothies as one she would repeat, I’ve added it to the “Sarah’s Recipes” section. Here are her personal notes on the recipe:
This was really good and very refreshing but more of an icee or slushie than a smoothie. The flavor balance was good, and although I thought it was a weird ingredient, I liked the melted ice cream on top! I bet the CocoWhip would be another good topping. It tasted like really good Italian ice. I shared it with my daughter after her cross country race in 90 degree heat yesterday and we both couldn’t think of anything to change.
Sarah did end up trying it without the ice cream topping …
And with CocoWhip, too!
Special Diet Notes: Lemon Meringue Smoothies
By ingredients this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and top allergen-free.
- 12 large ice cubes
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream, melted or CocoWhip
- Combine all ingredients except for ice cream in a blender, and blend until smooth. Split into 2 glasses. Top with equal parts melted ice cream as the 'meringue' topping. Enjoy immensely!!