Orange Julius shops are light on options for dairy-free customers, but it’s pretty easy to make your own versions at home. This refreshing Mango Strawberry Orange Julius is a blend inspired by their formula, but made without any dairy, soy, gluten, and nuts. The recipe was originally shared with us by Pacific Foods, but we’ve given the post a big update!
Mango Strawberry Orange Julius Homemade without Dairy or Soy
One of the key ingredients that makes a Julius unique is egg. It adds a special froth that elevates this blended beverage. And it adds a little protein, too! You can certainly omit the egg if needed, and it will still be tasty. But then it’s a smoothie, not a “Julius.” If you confuse eggs with dairy, you’re not alone. See this post: Are Eggs Dairy?
If you want more fruit flavor, you can reduce the milk beverage and increase the orange juice. You can also swap in other fruits, if desired.
Special Diet Notes: Mango Strawberry Orange Julius
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, and optionally soy-free and/or nut-free depending on dairy-free milk beverage of choice.
- 1 cup vanilla dairy-free milk beverage (originally tested with this one but soy-free works too)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 tablespoons egg white protein powder + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- ½ cup diced, peeled mango
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries (or another berry of choice).
- Ice, as desired.
- Add the milk beverage, orange juice, egg product, and honey to your blender. Cover and blend for 10 seconds.
- Add the mango and frozen berries. Cover and blend until the mixture is smooth. For a thicker blend, add ice and blend.
- Immediately pour into 2 glasses and serve.
More Cool Ways to Enjoy Mango
Mango Melba Smoothies (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Tropical Mango Sorbet (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Tangerine Mango Tango Lassi (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)