The wonderful maple pumpkin butter recipe below comes from my good friend Hannah, popular vegan author and blogger at Bittersweet. Besides spreading it on toast, she uses this maple pumpkin butter in sweet recipes, like these Banana Pumpkin Spice Muffins.
Special Diet Notes: Maple Pumpkin Butter
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, top food allergy-friendly, and paleo-friendly.
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup (can increase for sweeter pumpkin butter)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- Put the pumpkin and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the mixture had thickened to your desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight contain in the refrigerator or freezer.
Key Ingredients & Supplies: Maple Pumpkin Butter
Love that it is simple, but tasty. I especially love that it is vegan as some people put all kinds of things in butters like this.
Well – I have all the ingredients and just happen to have some free time this weekend! Perhaps I’ll be giving this a try…looks YUMMY!
I hope you get the chance to make it Jules! Would be great on one of your home-baked gluten-free goodies.
Pingback: Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins Recipe with a Sweet Cinnamon Infusion