These dairy-free mini pumpkin cheesecakes are so cute! And I love that the recipe uses whole cookies for the crust so you don’t have to deal with making a crushed cookie crust. I’ve also included ample tips and ideas to ensure that almost anyone can enjoy digging into their own single-serve dessert.
Recipe Notes: Dairy-Free Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Wheat-Based Ginger Snap Cookies – Several brands of gingersnaps are surprisingly dairy free, and will work great for the east crusts in these mini pumpkin cheesecakes. Great dairy-free brands that are relatively easy to find are Mi-del Ginger Snaps, Stauffers Ginger Snaps, and Nabisco Ginger Snaps. These are all vegan, but the do contain wheat and soy lecithin. If you need completely soy-free but are okay with wheat, try my Snappy Molasses Cookies Recipe
Gluten-Free Ginger Snap Cookies – Mi-del also makes Gluten-Free Ginger Snaps, and these do contain soy lecithin. Another great gluten-free, allergy-friendly choice is Lucy’s Ginger Snap Cookies, but they do use soymilk in their products. For gluten-free, soy-free, allergy-friendly cookies, I recommend Enjoy Life Gingerbread Spice Cookies.
Cream Cheese Alternative – Most store-bought dairy-free cream cheese alternatives come in 8 ounce packages, so you will need 1 1/2 packages for this recipe. For sweet recipes, my preferred store-bought dairy-free cream cheese is Daiya. It’s top allergen-free, and just seems to taste the best in desserts. There are several other brands of dairy-free cream cheese alternative available, and your favorite will probably work well. For a homemade option, my Cashew Cream Cheeze Recipe in Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook will work great. You will need 1 1/2 batches of it for this recipe.
Liquid Sweetener – If you prefer to avoid corn syrup, you can probably substitute agave nectar or maple syrup. Honey might work, but the flavor could be a little too pronounced.
This mini pumpkin cheesecakes recipe with photo was shared with us by SpiceIslands.com. We have adapted it slightly.
Special Diet Notes: Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 18 paper baking cups (2½ inch diameter)
- 18 dairy-free gingersnap cookies (see Notes in post above)
- 12 ounces dairy-free cream cheese alternative (see Notes in post above)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon non-GMO cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (like Spice Islands)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup non-GMO light corn syrup (see Notes in post above)
- Dairy-free whipped topping, for garnish (optional)
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF and line 18 muffin cups with cupcakes liners.
- Place 1 cookie in the bottom of each cup.
- Put the cream cheese alternative, sugar, starch, and spice in a large mixing bowl and beat until creamy. Add the eggs and mix to combine. Add the pumpkin and corn syrup and beat for 1 minute.
- Pour the filling on the cookies in your muffin cups, evenly divvying it up. Level the fillilng.
- Bake the mini pumpkin cheesecakes for 30 to 35 minutes, or until just set.
- Let cool for 1 hour, then place them in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill and fully set up.
- If desired, top each mini cheesecake with a little dairy-free whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon.