Years ago, we shared these fun Leprechaun mint chip ice cream parfaits from Enjoy Life Foods. They are a fun and delicious way to enjoy dessert on St. Patrick’s Day. And they’re pretty darn convenient, just in case you forgot to plan ahead.
Of course, these mint chip ice cream parfaits can be enjoyed anytime a sundae is in order. Whip them up for birthday parties, barbecues, or simply to reward yourself on a warm day.
The recipe is allergy-friendly and vegan with the use of Enjoy Life Foods chocolate cookies and chocolate chips. Both are made in their top allergen-free facility. If you want to enjoy more of their goodies for St. Patrick’s Day, they’ve posted some other ways to Get Your Green On.
These mint chip ice cream parfaits were buried in our news section, but today I’m giving them a permanent home in our recipe section. Aren’t you lucky?!
Special Diet Notes: Mint Ice Cream Parfaits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 pint vanilla dairy-free ice cream
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon peppermint extract, to taste
- ¼ cup dairy-free semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, plus additional, as needed
- 1 to 2 6-ounce package(s) chocolate cookies (like Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies), each broken into 4 pieces
- Natural green sugar sprinkles, for topping
- Let the ice cream soften a bit at room temperature.
- Place the ice cream in a bowl and stir in the peppermint extract and chocolate chips.
- Cover and return to the freezer until firm enough to scoop.
- Place 1 to 2 broken cookies (4 to 8 pieces) in the bottom of a parfait glass.
- Add a scoop of ice cream on the cookies.
- Do a second layer with the cookies and ice cream.
- Top with green sugar sprinkles and more chocolate chips.
- Enjoy immediately or refreeze until firm.
More Sweet Parfait Recipes
Cake Batter Pudding Parfaits (vegan, optionally gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Breakfast Push Pop Parfaits (vegan, optionally gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Deconstructed Banana Cream Pie Parfaits (vegan, gluten-free & optionally allergy-friendly)