This recipe for mixed vegetables in coconut curry gravy is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Shailja Vishwakarma. To qualify, the recipe includes Coconut Milk Beverage or Culinary Coconut Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Shailja says, “This vegetable-packed, curry gravy recipe can be served during lunch or dinner.”
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Mixed Vegetables in Coconut Curry Gravy
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. In fact, this curry gravy dish is generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil (coconut, olive, or your choice)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon, curry powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups boiled or steamed mixed vegetables (French beans, carrots, potatoes)
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Beverage or Culinary Coconut Milk (for richer sauce)
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- Salt, to taste
- 3 cups cooked rice, for serving
- Blend the onions, tomatoes, garlic and ginger with very little water. This makes the gravy mixture.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the gravy mixture. Then add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, curry powder, chili powder, and cinnamon. Cook the mixture until it turns a light brown color.
- Whisk in the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Stir in the boiled vegetables and salt, to taste. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
This looks incredible- I bet my husband would love this just as much as me!